It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-08-01

Cash
Johny Cash is one of the few artists whose art I like from top to bottom. The man did great early stuff. he did great gospel. I even liked the covers he did a couple of years before he past away. Even when he was old and sounded a bit frail, it worked for him. It just made him sound more worldly. I never saw him live. I never thought about it. I wish I had now. I wish I could go back to the sixties and catch him in his prime. I'm not even sure when that was. i wonder what he thought his best efforts were.
I like most of the stuff that Willie Nelson has done. He had a bunch of stinkers though. I can't even think of other artists that come close to the volume or longevity of Cash's catalog. I can think of none that come close to the quality. Much of his work is timeless. It is about the human experience and that doesn't change much whit technology. Some of the words or sayings date the lyrics. The situations and stories haven't changed much.
You done good Johny. You touched my life for the better.

No comments: