It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-07

Lunch Talk
I heard some folks talking at lunch about the current military situation. They were talking about how North Korea was acting bold in the face of the rest of the world. They didn't seem to think the U. S. had the ability to take North Korea if it came down to it. They thought the U. S. was over stretched. I'm not sure what to think. I've listened to both sides of the argument. I'm unconvinced either way.
If North Korea insists on firing their rockets over other nations territories, then they had better be ready to get smacked in the process. The North Koreans are starving. Their logistics have been guided by a despot hell-bent on destroying his part of the world. I'm not even sure what their leader's motivations are any more. It just seems like he wants to pick a fight and go out in a blinding flash of insanity.
I'm far more worried about Iran. They have a trained military. They have not been under the same kind of sanctions Iraq was for over a decade. They are motivated. They are armed. They have countries in the region (Russia and China for two) backing most of their moves to keep oil flowing. Iran has the UN rapped around it's little finger it seems.
Here I sit in my easy chair pondering the actions of politicians and entire peoples. I live a good life. I live in the best country in the world.

No comments: