It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-20

Lunch Conversation
So, we spoke of the Middle East conflict today at lunch. Mostly questions raised. Few solutions other than we need to hurry up and use all the oil in the world. We speculated on the cause of Arafat's death. We bitched about the people with American passports who complained about the slow exodus from Lebanon. Bunch of babies. What the hell were they doing in Lebanon without a plan for escape?
What do I know? I'm safe as houses in my house with my family. I'm protected by the military of this great nation. I'm protected by the will of God. Yadda yadda. No one likes to call it luck. I do not believe in luck. I do not believe in chance. Everything happens for a reason, or many combined and complex reasons. Maybe that is chance. You still do not need to hang out in frigging Lebanon if you don't just plane need to. This time I did participate in the conversation. I have solid opinions on the Middle East. I'm not sure I even care who wins any more. If the Israelis get stomped by a combined effort of every one else in the region, the neighbors will just slip back into a cesspool of hating each other because they don't crack the egg on the same end, or whatever. Israel sitting smack in the middle of the Middle East is the only thing holding the status quo.

No comments: