It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-11

Linux Notebook
I asked a buddy of mine to look at the notebooks from www.System76.com. He thought they were pretty nice machines. I'm thinking a 100 gigabyte drive and 2 gigs of RAM. I like the small laptop with the 12" screen. It will fit in my backpack and I can whip it out easier than the mongo 17" monster. I cannot afford the larger model anyway. Most of what I will do on a notebook is surf the net, chat, email, burn DVDs (data) and watch videos. I'll do wireless stuff too of course. Mainly, I want something that I can rely on. Hence the Linux. There are so many networks to hook into, and all of them have virus problems for MS machines. I will connect with near impunity.

Watch You Hands
There is a video on Google video that is quite disturbing. It is very hard to watch. When I first clicked on it, I did not rad the caption closely. I was negatively surprised by the outcome. It is called "Watch your hands". If you search, you will find it. Add the word "helicopter" if you have any trouble. I recommend not watching it. I have a spoiler below that describes it. I'll try to be less disturbing. We begin this tragedy after the helicopter has landed. Someone's mother, that is just how she acts, gets off the helicopter and runs while ducking toward the camera. She is quickly out of frame all the time saying how wonderful the trip was, how someone else off camera should try it. Then a man exits the same side of the helicopter. He looks to be about thirty or younger. He does not immediately run out of range of the helicopter. He stops and puts one hand on the helicopter just above the door. Then he turns toward the camera. I cannot tell what he is doing, but he is all the time smiling. I'm not sure if he is showing off for the camera or if he is just stretching his arms subconsciously after a long ride in a cramped seat. He reaches upwards. There is a chomp noise and you hear the man grunt in agony. You can just for a frame tell that his hand flew at the camera and quite possibly hit the person holding it. There is blood on the lens. The camera is on the grass. Women are screaming. The helicopter is still powering up for takeoff after dropping the tourists where ever this took place. The video ends. It all takes half a minute or so.

No comments: