It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-04

Lawn
I can't cut a break. It keeps raining. The back yard looks like a jungle. The mower instructions had a big warning not to cut wet grass. The ground is mushy so I'll leave ruts if I mow. I have to admit, I had time Sunday morning. The yard was probably dry enough. I was soooooo lazy. I'm sure I missed opportunities.
What else have I missed because of lapses in judgment, or days where I thought too much. I do not put a question mark after that sentence because it is asked so often that no one expects an answer any more. What terrible things have I dodged by sleeping in on the day of the pileup on the freeway. Again no question mark.
I'm glad it's raining. I hope it keeps raining. Last night, our noisy neighbors were shooting off fireworks in their driveway. A couple of the shots came close to our house. Nat asked them to stop shooting near people's houses. She Didn't just ask. She explained that these houses are our lives. We put everything into them. Luckily, one of the other gang-bangers showed up complaining that he got beat up. This gave our pop-o-maniacs the opportunity to drive off in a huff to go get into trouble elsewhere. Nat and I heard sirens a few minutes later and both kind of hoped no one learned too hard a lesson.
The yard is still not going to get mowed today. Nothing much is going to get done. I need to pay bills. Nat and I have a party this evening, but it may be canceled for the rain. That's OK. The house seems so empty without Elle here. It is hard to get motivated.
Oh, well. Time to get off my duff.

No comments: