It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-06

Fitting In
Be yourself, not what's cool. Be yourself. Don't try to fit in. Leave that to the people who have a chance at fitting in. Not every one can fit in, so be one of the people who doesn't fit in so those who do fit in will feel better about themselves. You may be miserable, but those who fit in will feel great. You can live vicariously through those who fit in. Ignore the fact that 95% of people do not fit in at least some of the time.
I remember as a child floating from one group of friends to the other in a school yard, or at social gatherings. I was a social butterfly. The trouble is, I didn't fit into any of the groups.
Groups:
* Fashionable group.
* Goth group.
* Future Business/Republican group.
* Hippy Wannabe group.
* Band group.
* Football/Athletic group.
* Science/Math (Future Engineers) group.
The last group was the closest I came to finding a group of my own. I was never any good at math or science, but those people seemed to be the one's I had the most in common with. It is true to this day.

2 comments:

Axinar said...

Pardon the off-topic, but I couldn't find your email address --

At some point would you be interested in posting a little detail of how exactly one DOES survive without a vehicle whilst still holding down a substantive job in today's America?

Thanks!

CyndyMW said...

I shudder to think which of these groups I'd fit into. I was a bit of a floater in high school, too. Still am, I guess. Or maybe I just have diverse interests.