It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-13

Depression
This is why I don't go out and do more stuff. I have a down day after an up day. Yesterday I saw a bunch of old friends I really have missed over the years. I saw :
Ken and his whole family. I hadn't even met the youngest before.
Chris (Jade) He is a cop in training. How did I always know he would become a cop?
Cole (I'm not spelling it right.)
Heath.
Heath's new fiancé.
Tex.
I can't remember the names of the rest. God I'm horrible with names. I don't get it.
Anyway. Today I'm all depressed. It is like I used up the fun quotient or something. I flirted with a flirty girl named Rosy or Rosaline or, God help me with names. She was extreeeeemly cute and sexy. That is one thing I have got to hand to the CB group, there  are a lot of good looking women. God, I need a girlfriend. I should have ditched taxes and gone on the boat. I know, taxes are the responsible thing to do. My own happiness is my responsibility too.

I Am Male
A comment I left on a girl's blog.

I'm male.
You expect too much. I am male. I want to fix problems, not just complain bout them. I want to love, but not be judged every time I try to fix your problems instead of just sit there and listen to you complain about the same thing every day. I want to be loved, but I don't want to get my ass jumped every time I try to hit on you when I'm in the mood and you are not. I'm not hitting on any one else. (I don't cheat). I am male, I want to be your prince in shining armor, but that implies fixing some problems instead of just listening to you complain about them day in and out, over and over. I am male, I want to grow old together and watch our chubby grandchildren play in the front yard, but I don't need criticism of the way I never listen to you and how I'm always meddling in your life (I thought it was "our" life) every five minutes. I'm trying to fix the things you are complaining about.
I am male. What am I supposed to do?

You know, I could put that on 95% of the female driven personel blogs on the internet. I may need to keep that one handy.

2 comments:

CyndyMW said...

BUT we are female.

We want someone who will listen to us complain about our problems and not try to fix them, because most of the time we know what we need to do and just need to feel like someone's on our side. We are female. We want to love, but find it difficult when we feel like we're the only one putting something into the relationship [even if that's just perceived]. We want to be loved, but don't want you to lose interest every time you realize that you have our attention and that it's not as much of a challenge as "the chase." We are female, and we want to grow old together, too, but we are frustrated with the way that men and women don't communicate well enough to understand each other's needs.

What are WE supposed to do?

:)

cadiz12 said...

well said, cynthia.
people tend to see things only from their point of view. but the worst thing anyone can do is throw his or her hands up in the air and give up.