It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-03

CNN Makes Me Sick
I am really getting to the point where I don't want to read CNN's web page any more. They are so goddamn liberal that I feel ill.
This morning I popped over to the CNN web page and the headline on the main page and the U. S. section was a running tally of the number of dead in the Iraq war. It makes me sick. How about the running number of people who have died in the war on terror on U. S. soil. Just plunking a number up on the page and bitching that the world is not a perfect place while not offering any ideas for better alternatives (emphasis on "better") to me is disrespectful of those who have laid their lives on the line. I appreciate what the front and back line folks are doing. The front line is all of Iraq. he back line is here in the States and on our bases in Europe and around the world.
According to the blogsphere, I'm not supposed to be angered by bias reporting. I am, after all, bias myself. I'm conservative on most issues. Mainstream Media is mostly liberal.
Fox News ran basically the same story. They, however, did not try to overwhelm readers with a massive number in the headline. All the same facts without the shock value of the stupid headline.

Three Years
This guy plans the Bali bombing and gets three years. Over two hundred Australians and others were killed. The entire West wishes the sentence was longer. The crimes were horrendous. The officials say he has health problems and that may have contributed to the light sentence. This is what Bashir had to say on the way out of the court room. (The picture showed a BIG smile on his face too, smug bastard.)

"I'm being oppressed by people from abroad and at home," Bashir said after the verdict, surrounded by hundreds of cheering supporters. "They consider Islamic law to be a shackle and are slaves to immoral behavior. Allah, open their hearts or destroy them."

From now on when someone asks me what I think of Muslims or Islam I'm going to say "May god convert them to Christianity or kill them all." What do you think of that Bashir?

Here They Come

"Sony Erickson has announced the first in a new line of self-described "Walkman phones" that specialize in playing music. The W800i features a 512MB memory card to store tunes and up to 30 hours of playback (if you keep the phone off, otherwise about half that). We should see a Motorola phone with iTunes inboard within the next two weeks, making March the month of music phones."
It was only a matter of time. Now, every phone will have a camera, music player, PDA, and wireless Internet. Who needs a computer any more? You can already blog from your phone.

No comments: