It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-07

Chair Saga Continued
I took the cheap chair back. There really was a piece missing. We found a place in the disposable plastic thing that should have held a little bolt that allowed you to tighten the back onto the chair. I got the Relax-o-Matick 9000. It is cool. It has mesh seat and back. It is 100% high impact plastic. It goes up and down with a cool swish noise. It rocks back and forth. And, coolest of all, it has a little head rest pillow thing that can flap around the back of the chair when not in use.
I call her Tina. =]
The bolts all had this lock-tight stuff on them. As difficult as they were to screw in, that chair should outlast ww III. The back and seat are this mesh stuff. The fan blows right through the back. Nice. I paid too much for it, but who cards. I spend half my life in front of the computer.

Battlefield of Tomorrow

Israel last week revealed that ground troops now sport wrist-borne LCD screens which enable real-time identification and elimination of targets. The Tadiran system - code-named "V-Rambo" - beams images of the enemy from unmanned drone aircraft direct to the men in the field, shortening the time it takes to identify and strike a target from around 10-12 minutes to a matter of seconds, AP reports.
...
The Elisra Group is currently developing other remote-controlled technologies for use in unmanned ground vehicles, which may be adopted by the US as part of its "Gladiator" programme for the US Marines. Carnegie Mellon University's National Robotics Engineering Consortium recently won a $2.3m contract to develop a 7-foot "Tactical Unmanned Ground Vehicle", intended to act as a targeting vehicle.

The funny thing is, it takes more effort to make an autonomous ground vehicle than an air vehicle. I guess it all boils down to less things to hit.

1 comment:

Susan Isaacs said...

That chair sounds complicated. But I just put together an IKEA loft bed. Thanks for reading my blog with npr story. I'm still in the same place. But as for the Ex. Well he sort of vanished with no reason. So maybe it can't be done after all