It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-03-15

Blank Page
I want to write about something, but I just don't have the focus to put that much down about any one thing. I could write about my gloomy walk in this morning. I enjoyed it, except for my crappy MP3 player that needs to be reset every ten songs. I may write about the song on the radio. It mentions Wyoming. You just don't hear Wyoming mentioned that much these days. I might write about how busy I am at work. It is busy, but not too terribly busy. I could mention how cold it is in my office lately. I am starting that new task that I blogged about a while back. It is fun to do some "real" programming again. I might write about the girl I met this last weekend. She was fun. She was sweet (Not nice sweet, sweet as in a decadent pleasure that you know is bad for you, but you want her, I mean it, none the less.) I might write about dreams I had last night. They were boring dreams that, yet, I remember. A woman walking across rocks in her bare feet. I wanted to carry her, but I wasn't there. I was watching from somewhere else. I could write about the news that floats through the ether all around me. The stories are all the same. I may write about my cough and how my grandfather had breathing troubles near the end of his life. My father worries about his respiratory health too.  I might write about my Matchbox cars and how I still pick them up and remember playing as a child. I may tackle the decision of what to have for lunch or dinner. The topics are endless. I may write about my lack of focus, but it is too nice of a day to complain. If I will be scatter-brained today, I might as well enjoy it.

Renaissance Festival
I have been invited to do the Texas Renaissance Festival (TRF) properly this year. By properly, I mean camp over night and work the festival. I have already looked into some web pages for cloths. One must dress for the occasion. I have no idea what to go for. There is the fancy dress of a noble, or the kilt of the commoner. I don't even know what they mean by "work" the festival. I will have to get a "day in the life of a festival worker" from Ken. It should make for some good pictures and blog posts. I will be going with some folks who have been doing it for over ten years. Chris (Jade Falcon), Ken (Steel Viper), Heath (Lost Marble). There are quite a few people who know those names at TRF. Really, I'm looking forward to it. I may grow a go-t for the occasion. I wonder what that will look like.

Extraordinary Machine
Fiona Apple has an album called Extraordinary Machine that has not been released by her record company. Radio Paradise has been playing tracks from the collection and I like it. I've heard others complain that they can't lay their hands on the CD. I wonder if it is some kind of publicity thing. The songs have a different sound to them. The ones I've heard anyway. They sound almost like grown up Disney songs. It is pretty cool. I can't even find the MP3s through my normal contacts.

No comments: