It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-17

The Wheel of Time
I just started a book called The Wheel of Time. It is a book with ten tombs. It is a game too. I have to tell you that I have downloaded the text because I need the computer to read it to me. There is no way I could complete such a task without the help of technology. I hope all will forgive my indulgence. I'm on chapter four already.  There are 53 chapters. I'm almost a tenth of the way there.
I imagine starting on a journey from my home in the wood on a long journey. I first pass everything I know as my feet find their way down familiar steps. Then, without notice, I pass a place that is the furthest place I have ever been. Now, I find myself relying on tales of others who have lived near me all my life. The spoke of places not that far away where they found a good fishing hole.  Without a thought, I pass through a place where I have never heard. A place of which I know nothing. Only a few steps and I return to the land of family and friends. On my journey within days of walking I find a new land. One I've read about. One my family tells me good and bad things about. Then in weeks I find my way to a distant land. A land I have only known in tales of war from old men. Beyond this I find myself away from all I know and all I thought I knew.
I've never woken up in a place I did not know. I've never been outside my own country. I have little desire to wander.

My new template
I just noticed that my new template reminds me allot of slashdot. I had no idea until I had both pages open. If I could only round the corners.

Lower Pay
Here is an article about U. S. pay.  It just makes me want to cry. I fear our children will watch our great country fall. Perhaps not disappear. Perhaps not become something else. But fall away from greatness.

No comments: