It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-18

The Wheel of Time
Book one done. It only took a weekend. Only nine books and two prequels to go. I should be done with book two by the time book eleven comes out next year.

Blogger tools
I've noticed the tools such as spell checker and upload and the whole WISIWIG editor don't work in FireFox. Since I don't use IE anymore, I don't have access to these tools. You know, that sounds like discrimination to me. We live in a democracy. You vote for things. Majority rule. What about discrimination? Well there have to be allowances for the minority or the majority will run them off. That sounds great. Trouble is, there is a minority in every decision. I'm tired of being Tuckered..Maybe I should sue. On what grounds?
The only reason these browsers are not supported is because a minority of people use them. Even though the minority is growing, pages don't want to support the new browsers because it costs money. Before the alternate browsers will be supported It must either cost more to not support them, or they become the majority browser. There is a third possibility. If all the browsers used a standard (I'm not talking the IE standard either). This will not happen because whichever browser is in the lead will want to buck the standard and cause the world of script kitties to follow down a proprietary path. This is to keep them in the lead and keep every one else, who follows the "standard" behind. If you follow the standard you will not get any cool features from the leading browser to work.
Why do I let this stuff bug me? Why do I care? Why can't I just conform to the norm and give in? Wouldn't that be easier?  I want ice cream. Ah vanilla, my favorite.

2 comments:

obiwanchunn said...

Uhg, Im one of the people that got him to read this set of books. Kelly, if you are hating this one, dont blame me if you hate the rest. Read them at your own peril. We can find other things to talk about.

Anonymous said...

BTW one thing about the wheel of time series that I really appreciate....is while at times you feel like you are trying to jugle 15 different stories and everyone is off doing thier own thing and you see no connection....they end up all tied together....but it is usually not obvious -- James