It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-20

Speech
People rate public speaking above death when it comes to their greatest fear in life. Cynthia stood up today in a meeting at work and announced, in front of like 150 people or more, some work related event. She projected a heck of allot better than the people presenting the meeting. The PA was not working for the first half.
One of the gentleman who got up to give a presentation on driving safety (I have to sit through them even though i cannot drive (humph)) kept saying "you know", "um", clear his throat, laughing nervously and the like. All that can be over come. You just paws and try not to fidget. I'm no expert. The one thing that kind of disappointed me is he was not fully prepared for the meeting. I bet this was the first one he gave. If that is the case, then I think he did a good job. Lots of room for improvement.
Another thing they did was show a video file where a pedestrian gets killed. I don't much appreciate snuff films in safety meetings.

Feature Opp for Blogger
A female human being (Cynthia gripes when I call girls buddies) mentioned a new feature. She wants Blogger to remember (probably in a cookie) which entries she has already read. Sounds good to me.

I watched "I, Robot"
"One day they will have dreams." "Three laws safe". Those laws are just lines of code. There are some other laws.
If you ask me, old Calvin forgot a law. This is a Kelly Law. Nothing created by humans will ever qualify as human. No matter how much it looks or acts like a human. No matter how much it is better or superior to humans. It is not human.

No comments: