It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-05

Move, Degree, Girlfriend, Change
I've lived in the same town most of my life. I get that feeling that if I had gotten my degree I would have so many more options. If you stay and work at your degree, you will get the option of doing a job where you fill the niche. People with degrees make jobs to fill with people with degrees. It is a vicious circle. This town makes me sick. I wonder if there are any places where this situation will still let me through the cracks. There is a time coming where there are two kinds of people in the country. Those with higher education, and those without. The laws are to favor those with money right now. If you have money, you get a different ride, and many more options. If you are poor, you are a number. Well, those with degrees in the great land make more money. You have to have some one with a degree defend you when you are in trouble. You have another person with a degree trying to convict you. I'm not 100% sure, but I bet all judges in Texas have a law degree, or some other applicable degree. They are elected here after all. The vast majority of Congressman and Senators are lawyers. I bet there are less than two representatives without degrees. All the Supreme Court justices have degrees. The president  has a degree. They represent less than 1/5th of the nation's population. One in five adults have a degree in the U. S.
I need to get over it. I need to either go get a degree, or get on with my life and stop blaming. Moving won't solve anything. A girlfriend won't solve anything. a degree won't solve anything. I need to solve it. I wish I could  heed my own advice.
At points like this in peoples lives, they are vulnerable. When some one is ready for change to happen, sometimes they will take any change. They might take the first change that comes along. I have to be careful in this vulnerable time in my life. I might cause myself to loose my job (God forbid). This is the time people tend to break up with their loved ones. Some call it a mid-life crisis. I'm 35. I bet I'll hit the mid-life crisis at about 45 or so.

No comments: