It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-21

Late Evening in Kelly's World.
It's a Wednesday evening. I worked all day. I'll work all day tomorrow. I'm sitting in front of my computer listening to the blues on an online radio station. I'm drinking a glass of scotch. I just watched a movie about a man who died and left his family broke and broken. I cut myself shaving again. This time on the upper lip. I should just keep a bowl of broken glass by the sink. Goddammit! would this station stop skipping. Try to listen to the blues when the audio stream keeps cutting out.
Women will give you Fever. Fever till you sizzle, what a lovely way to burn.
All I need is a waitress and maybe some color lights. Maybe a beer sign on the wall. Something to eat between scotch and soda. The blues and maybe some swing. A dance floor that my shadow will not cross. The smell of cigarettes and spilled boos. The band as drunk as I am. Some one playing a horn like they know what they are doing. Stare at a woman's twirling hair as she dances alone. Sit, by myself, in my home. Drinking scotch, listening to the blues and telling the world all my secrets.

No comments: