It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-15

Doom 3
I've been saying since before I started a blog that I am not going out buy a new machine until Doom 3 comes out. Now that the day is ny, the luster of the moment is gone. I don't feel the twinge in my trigger finger. I'm just not excited any more. I would like to be excited about it. The moment has past. I've grown away from Doom 3.
They say the new game is creepy and visually stunning. Cool.

The Same
The news sounds the same every day. A bomb blast in Baghdad.  An "ally" pulls out. There were no weapons of mass destruction in the first place.  It all sounds the same these days. How can news from a war be the same every day.  There is no news of the sick children our doctors are helping. There is no news of the financial support puring into the country.  Blah, blah, blah, it's all the same. I suppose interesting is bad in a war.

SNAFU
I found a collection of WWII era cartoons called SNAFU. It is about a goofy guy who screws everything up in the army. They were to teach lessons and make you laugh. They are a bit racist. They are funny. They are informative. These were made sixty plus years ago.
One of hte cartoons was about keeping secrets. One of the secrets they SNAFU doesn't keep very well is about a secret weapon that leaves a big hole on a Japanese island. This cartoon never played because it was too close to the atom bomb attack scheduled to go off later in the year.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

I like that you are not calling female friends Buddies anymore. Girls are friends. Beer-drinking, belly-scratching guys are buddies.