It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-13

Cowards
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is ashamed to call the Philippine people cowards. They are giving into terrorists. This is no way to show the world how to get the Philippine people to do what you want them to. The story doesn't use the word coward, but I do. If the victim being held in Iraq were related to me, I might feel different. But, now, every Tom, Dick and Habeeb will nab a truck driver to get the Philippine government to bend over.

Censorship
I hate it when I have to withhold stuff I would have otherwise put on my blog. I don't want to step on people's toes. I will include only the lesson learned part, and not the experience part to prevent hurt feelings. It gets to me though.

Food in the freezer
I went to a buddy's place sometime last Winter. We had these meat pockets that were pretty god. I think it was Bob Marlie's birthday. Anyway, I ended up taking a sack of the pockets home. It's been like 6 months. I just ate them last night. They were good. I remember putting the cooking instructions in the bag with the pockets. That was a great idea because I would have never remembered 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. I just stumbled across the bag in the freezer lat night while grumbling about having to eat the same thing again. They are a bit heavy on the onions, but good.

100,000 cull in Britain Civil Service
(I wrote this on 2004-07-12)
Yee-gads. hey are going to cut 100,000 jobs in The British Civil Service. Where are the Jobs coming from? The BBC radio keeps saying "Why have we been waisting all this money this long?" And "What is going to suffer?" Man, ouch. The BBC plaid some sound bytes from the announcement. The representatives say "ax the bureaucrats." and "redundant offices to close." How do you tell if an office is redundant?
Of course, there are threats of strike and law suites left and right.

Free Kelly Support (FAQ for FTP client)
The following is an email I sent to a friend who complained about not being able to FTP her photos to her website using HomeSite. If it doesn't work with HomeSite, it probably won't work with DreamWeaver either. Those automatic, built in, do it for you features have trouble working all the time. If you know how to do it yourself, you can save yourself some missed deadlines and allot of headaches.

Go to a command prompt (in XP/2K/NT only).
CD to the folder that has your pictures in it.
Type the following command at the command prompt.
FTP ftp.ftpname.com -i
(Note, the -i keeps it from asking "are you sure" on every file.)
Enter user name
Enter Password
Enter the following at the FTP command prompt.
FTP>help (to see list of commands)
FTP>cd <folder name> (to get to the images folder probably) (You may have to use SD instead of CD, check the help above.)
FTP>help command (to see help on the command (help is lame in FTP))
FTP>bin (to set to binary mode for pictures, MASC command for ASCII mode for HTML or TEXT files)
FTP>mput *.PG (to multiple put the pg files)
<long list of files>
FTP>bye (to end your FTP session)

Or, go to www.download.com, search for "FTP client" and hold on.
There must be twenty five million that are free or shareware. FTP has been around
since 1971. It is almost as old as I am.
Look OK > SmartFTP AceFTP

Gracious Guest
Some one was good enough to point out the spell checker on the new Blogger interface. When I originally made the complaint, Blogger was still using the old interface and I believe it had no spell checker. I never found one. Anyway. I haven't used the new interface to edit anything. I use an HTML editor. I promise I'll give the new interface a shot at some point.

Literary definitions
<Censored>
When some one you are talking with is clearly wrong about something you don't press them right then. That is how fights start. You just nod and send them the correct information later. Adopting an "I'm right and your wrong." attitude is not the way to convince some one of anything (destructive). Look it up and you will both be right. (constructive)

No more knighthoods
It is about time. It has gotten ridiculous. What surprises me is the number of actors who turned the title down. It seems lately they have been tossing these things out like candy.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

"I just stumbled across the bag in the freezer lat night while grumbling about having to eat the same thing again. "

How big is your freezer?! Nothing could hide in mine for 6 months.

"I hate it when I have to withhold stuff I would have otherwise put on my blog."

I know this sucks, but the reality is that we can't have it both ways. Either we tell others about our blogs because we want to be read, or we tell no one whom we might otherwise talk about and risk not being read at all.