It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-08

Contact Lenses
I ware soft contacts. I have astigmatism, but I am fortunate enough to get disposable contacts. I heard there is no difference between long term and short term contacts except the manufacturing method. I've also heard the only difference between 24 hour disposable contacts and 30 day contacts is the amount of insurance the distibutions buy to cover liability. I could be wrong. That may be one of those modern urban legends.
This morning I was at work and wanted to pop my contacts in. I have to tell you first that I used to ware hard contacts. They are like little bits of twenty grit sandpaper in your eye. They hurt all the time. You can't fall asleep in them. Sometimes they pop up behind your eyelid and you feel them crawling around the top of your eye every time you look around. Soft contacts are far more comfortable. Hard contacts were easier to get in and out though. I never had a hard contact just pop out. I've never had a soft contact just disappear until this morning. I put in the left contact. Then I popped in the right contact. I tossed out the old fluid. The right contact was bugging me so I did the same thing I always do and used my finger to rotate it. With astigmatism the contacts have to sit a specific way to work properly. The contacts are misshaped so they rotate (hopefully in the right direction) when you blink. Your eyes kind of zipper shut when you blink. Anyway, this time when I pulled my finger away, the contact went with it. The couple of years I've been using soft contacts, this is the first time that happened. Lesson learned. I was due to swap them out for a new pare anyway.

Your Pictures Online
People keep asking me how I put my stuff on the web. I made my own server and use DynDNS. It is a mess, but I wanted to do it to learn how to make it happen. I'm not interested much in teaching others how to do it. Here is a site called SmugMug that is drag and drop. You have all kinds of settings and it looks snazzy. Use it to put your photos on the web. I do it the way I do it because it is to teach myself how to do it the hard way. It is not for every one.
My buddy Wes has a bunch of his photos on this site. He says it is a piece of cake to use. He has a mix of scans and digital snaps. Cool stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is easy to create your own picture post site using smugmug. And I am proud to say that I set up the site without calling Kelly even once, unlike I do with just about every other computer tasks I attempt. With smugmug there is also a referral service which benefits the new user and the referree. Your welcome to use my referral coupon. :-) (DCujDPa0gNGsM)