It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-04-01

Yellowstone
Last year some friends and I went to Yellowstone park for a week. I hadn't seen snow since I was a kid. Considering this was June, it was doubly cool. I have a million pictures. I have a million memories. I live in Houston Texas. The weather forecasters here start the show with the misery index. That is the temperature with a factor added for the humidity. That mean's it feels about ten or fifteen degrees hotter than it really is. That means you feel like a sopping wet gorilla is sitting on your shoulders sweating all over you. Most people get sick in the winter across the nation because that is when most people close up all the windows and hide inside to stay warm. In Houston we get sick in the summer because we all hide inside to dodge the humidity. Houston was built on a swamp. That means grass. We have lots of grass, everywhere. I read an article somewhere that said Houston wouldn't have half the pollution problem LA has if we didn't live in a swamp covered in pollinating grass. - anyway, back to Yellowstone.
Yellowstone was green and blue and brown and white and black in all the right places. The air was so thin, you could see right through it. We road horses and got chased around by buffalo. That memory will last beyond Alzheimer's. We went on hikes. We ate the same lodge food six days in a row. It was the most fun I've had in my life. I recommend Yellowstone. Stay at Lake Lodge and just expect to drive everywhere. Lake Lodge is by far the most beautiful by far. I'm sure others would debate. There is not a direction (outside of civilization) you can point the camera and not catch a postcard. When I return I will try to catch it just a bit earlier in the season. I bet with less people it will be just that more mystical.

Stress
They give us these stress-balls at my work. I have quite a collection going. I think the official method of use is to squeeze them, but I find it far more effective stress relief to throw them at people

I complain too much
That one is self explanatory.

No comments: