It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-04-19

Tpro
I had to write up a job description type thing for myself. It is amazing how poorly qualified I am for my job. I searched the net all over the place looking for buzzwords. Nothing made sense. I ended up with what all true programmers end up with, a bullet list. The qualifications I came up with are where I want to be in three to five years. If this company does what we expect it to, I'll make it.
It amazes me the contacts these guys have. Their families have business connections. Those connections get them more connections. Its great. It is a world I'm not privy to.

Lessons
I have below my desk several power strips. There are about 35 plugs available under there and except for the ones filled two at a time with bricks (you know the plugs I speak of) they are full. I take off my shoos first thing when I get home. Who doesn't? Well, I can believe the stories about people learning to use their feet to get around and do stuff because twice now I've accidentally tripped the power strips when poling around among the wires with my toes. “snap”-”pichooooow”. Drag.

Desktop Backgrounds
I found some amazing computer backgrounds at this guys site.

Instant Message users
Every one just opens the software to find out who is on and then closes it. They have to go out of their way to set the software up so it won't run automatically. They don't realize that when a bunch of people do this no one will ever find each other. I'm afraid my generation just doesn't get instant messaging. Other people miss writing a letter and feeling appreciated when some one sits down and writes them back. Well, forget that. I want instant gratification. I want people to have nineteen different ways to annoy me with advertisements. I want my friends who never call or write or send email except to answer one of mine to have endless conduits to not get hold of me. I want to pay for the privilege. Oh, well.

Is anyone reading this?
Please send email to my hotmail account or whatever account you already have if so. I'm curious.

Private Space Plane
I found an MSNBC story and a CNN story about the new private space plane in development. These guys are in first place to win the X-Prize. How cool is that. These guys have no public funds. They are working on this project on venture capital. There are others out there doing similar work, but none have these guys potential. I've heard a couple of sources call them the first real shot at doing it.