It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-04-09

Metro
Have I mentioned before that Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority sucks? This morning I stood for an hour waiting in 38 degree weather (cold for Houston) for a bus that comes every 20 minutes. I was a half an hour late to work. It is one thing when I make myself late, but it really burns me when it's Metro's fault. The trouble is not with Metro. The trouble is Houston has no zoning. Houston has had no zoning, ever. There are no living areas and industrial arias and shopping areas to buss people back and forth to. If Houston implemented zoning today it would probably take seventy years to have a passable public transit system. I don't dare go further now. I'll choke the server.

Noisy Neighbor
Have all of you had noisy neighbors? I have had many. I have been the noisy neighbor. I remember moving out of one apartment and the guy who lived below us smiled like a kid on Christmas when we moved out. It still drives me crazy when the neighbor plays her music just loud enough to make me loose concentration. Ever since I beat on the walls she keeps it to low rumble. It is at that heartbeat-below-the-floor level now. In the beginning I beat on the wall one night until she turned it down. It took about eight or ten minutes, but I didn't stop. She beat back on the wall before she turned it down. I find you must ruin the moment completely to get a result. This complex is really going down hill fast. I need to find a better neighborhood. Every other car that goes by blasts base. I'm surrounded by noisy people.
Some one mentioned that if the cops show up at your house an you know it on a noise complaint just don't answer the door. Apparently the police won't mess with the probable cause issues unless you really make them mad. That just isn't right.

Company
The company is coming along. We are about to make a presentation to a customer. I've looked at the database schema that we need and I step back. The more complicated the project looks the more possible it looks. I'm in conference calls and after hour meetings. We sit around whiteboards and draw boxes and arrows. We send um-teen emails to the rest of the company. Right now every little detail needs attention. It is a great group. I think we have a shot.
My keyboard is too noisy. I need something more quiet for conference calls and the like.

Clie (last time)
I got the Palm OS Clie to sync using infrared today at work. They don't make it easy. James, who has the same model I have, insists the Clie came with all the software needed. I think he is nuts.

Comment
“Active fruit concentrate”, who are they kidding?

No comments: