It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-04-06

DND (typed on a palm, so beware of typos)
Today promises to be a blast.
We are playing DND pretty much all day and night. This activity is the litmus test of a true geek. Ah, Dungeons and Dragons is fun for people who need something more in their life. To me, it is a safe adventure that I can leave when it becomes too much. Some people use cocaine, I have DND. It satisfies a need of sorts. The only advsnturss ia my life now are things like, will I have ajob next week? Will the new company take off? Is there rcally someons out thsre waiting to meet me? That is all a bit much to deal with every day. I need a break from my little reality.
My friends are workimg on a puzzle waiting for everyone to show. I suppose everyone has their way of escape. It is a pretty bjg puzzle that takes up a whole coffee table. It has too much blue on it.
Ah, lunch with the same group of friends. We are at Fudruckers. I vetoed some fish place, There is only one thing I like that taists like fish and it isn't available. The big topic today is how Southpark points out social conflicts.
We are getting down to play. The DM we play with insists on assignments reading then having a quiz. Yes, quizez.
We are suppose to return a baby dragon (a good dragon eho is under the influense of evil young dragons) to its family. We accidently let it out of a cage without even asking it to stay.
So help me, if Sara doesn't stop clicking her pen I'm going to beat her to dath.
We've gotten to the first encounter and only three and a ha;f hours into play. I am the cleric.
Great! We get no XP. We are about to fight a giant fungus. We are bickering over the rules agaun. Two of our paety breathed some funky spors and had to go into the backroom to talk about what happend to them. They got the magoc mushrumes. 570 XP it sucks being low level. End of battle number two.
I hate the deterioration of the conversation that occurs between the battles. This one covered lactating dehidrated halflings and how people in Rome went to the bathroom.
We are about to lay siege to a farm. It is a bad guy's farm. I don't realy rember why we are after him. Something abput the dragon we are looking for is here. I'm the cleric so it isn't important that I kmow what's going on.
The fight isn't going well. We are about to drop.
I died. I died last week too.
This means I'm out of the game for quite a while. They are still in the battle. The DM got pissed at me for not taking a way out. This DM is big on these things called game points. He says they are his rules. I say when you die, you die. He threatened to not invite me back again. I've known him for almost thirty years. He might get over it. I loose a level and come back at level two. Every one else is level four. He just doesn't want to deal with the level difference.
Would a barbarian who s in rage attack anyone who gives up?
Homme, what to do? They are not going to finish for hours. Just now, some one else would have died, but they used the "cheat" I didn't want to use. Bah! (1.5 hours later) This is it for the night. Yuck. That was a bust. This is one time I wish I could drive. I could call a taxi. The time change is tonight. I'll take the next 45 minutes resetting my watch.
Well, I've noticed that the game has come down to a who has some game points or not.
A 5 foot step does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
The DM said he increased the difficulty level to counter the affect of the game points. What is the point?
I'm rolling another character.

No comments: