It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-01-10

Expendables II


First, let me set the evening. I had a very busy and frustrating day at work. Nothing wanted to do what it was supposed to do. People were fine, Everyone seemed to have their head in the game. It was situations that refused to play along. That is at least as frustrating as people. The universe just seems to be out to get you on days like that.

I got home, ate a burger and fries that Bill was kind enough to stop and let me get for dinner. Elle was on one couch. Nat was on the other. I was in my chair with my laptop in front of me. Normally, I would have edited some footage that I had shot during the day for my own vlog. I was just too tired though.

I was running though a couple vlogs I frequent as Nat was watching the DVD extras to Expendables II. I found the extras very distracting. They were running through the weapons used in the show with some experts. nat and I had discussions about the things that were being shown. It was nice to have conversation with her. We don’t just talk to each other enough. I don’t just talk to anyone enough. I have more conversation with my camera than with people. It is sad.

The movie! Yes. The extras were interesting. I’m not exaggerating when I say that the movie started and I was nodding off in 3 minutes. I remember the one guy bailing out of the plane in the beginning. After that, I remember gunshots. Lots of gunshots. Not one line of dialog made it into my memory beyond “You will find some other minority to oppress.” or something like that.

After the show, I listened to some music in an attempt to wake up, but it didn’t work. I did my nose and ear regiment. Brushed my teeth. Did 10 pushups. I was in bed listening to my book by 21:00. Funny, I didn’t make it asleep until after 22:00. Not sure why. Woke up with a spring in my step.

No comments: