It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-07-20

Notes: (over a couple days)

The walk in to the bus stop was pretty easy this morning. The mosquitoes carried me part way.

Some of our laptop computers have multiple WIFI adapters. I don't consider them a separate adapter unless they have their own MAC.

Penn Frasier Gillette. Did you know Penn's (of Penn and Teller fame) middle name was Frasier?

I don't take vacations. When I'm sick, I do not usually check my email until I come back.

Every time I reboot my computer I have to restart my Linux virtual machine. I use VirtualBox. Every time I restart my linux VM, it seems like I have to reinstall the client software. That is because VirtualBox has had an update and the client and host software have to match perfectly. It is really annoying.

I walked around the parking garage at lunch today. I wanted to shoot a vlog entry. The trouble is, nothing came to mind. Well, nothing coherent anyway.

Everyone complained about the humidity this morning. I doubt many walked further than their car. I didn't really notice any higher humidity than normal. I walked my normal mile and a half or so. Guess there are some advantages to doing it every day.

Environmentalists are extremists. I do not like listening to them because they remind me too much of Jehovah Witnesses. I'm not the only one because I'm hearing whispers that the environmental movement is toning it down a bit and pushing sustainability instead of more radical life altering taxes and marching off to war against the nonbelievers.

What gun control laws that wouldn't have helped are going to come of this shooting in Colorado? Not every tragedy is worthy of more rules. Not every murderous individual needs to be immortalized in legislation.

the president came on and called the shootings in Colorado senseless. I suppose it is. He hasn't mentioned anything about all the killings in Chicago. I suppose those are necessary. Obama's buddy is running Chicago these days. Nice politician we have in charge of the country. Too bad we need a president.

I tried listening to KTRH online to get the news about the shootings. They played more advertisements than any other content. It was like sneaking a couple facts in between the commercials. No wonder I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in so long. There is not much point.

I hate to put it like this, but I don't do opening nights of movies. I don't like the crowd. It turns out, that may not be a bad thing.

We had about a week of rain. Couple stragglers since then. Today is the first day that I have not noticed a full thunderhead go by at work. We are still pretty far behind, even if you count back a couple years. We need rain, but the doubt was kind of nice for walking. The grass and weeds didn't try to tackle me every other step. The ground didn't try to dodge my foot when I stepped. Still preying for rain.

No comments: