It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-03-25

Rain of the day

It rained most of the day yesterday. We were in Richmond visiting the tax guy when the rain started. The drops were these little stinging pins. The roads were amazingly slick. It rained most of the night.

This morning, the roads were slick. Apparently, the rain stopped fifteen minutes before the rush hour started. I had to cross the street and walk in the street on the north side of Westheimer. The on coming traffic as I head in to town on the outbound side of the road is relativity light that time in the morning. Still, most people in the far right lane (their right) moved over for me. I was blinking my flashlight on my coat to be seen. A couple people just plane don't care and try to pass in that lane. 

When I got to work, I noticed my pant legs had gone down below my heal. That is one way to keep the mud off my boots. My boots were roughly clean. I had been walking on the street most of the time. Those big waste deep holes are still there.

By the time I walked in to work, the sky was clear from sized to side. The ground was saturated as the sun came up. The smell was of wet dirt.

By lunch, however, the wind was blowing cold in the shade. One of the guys was in shorts because "I want it to be Summer so bad!" He refuses to believe it is as chilly as it is in late March. This is Huston after all. It is supposed to be hot and humid.

No comments: