It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-11-14

Fog

2008-11-13

it was foggy this morning on the walk to the bus stop. It is eerie watching a vehicle emerge from the fog with their headlights on. There is this glow  in the distance. Then there are two glows next to each other. Then there is a car barreling towards you at full speed. you know they can't see shit. This does not slow them down.

The grass was wet. The holes in the ground were just as treacherous as ever. Full of black water. I cannot see cars coming in the clearest of weather if they do not have their headlights on. Yesterday I used my little telescope to gage the best time to cross. Glad I did too. That will not work in the fog. On top of this, my glasses fogged up from the moisture. My Maglite slices a beam through the fog. I shine it on the ground so people can see me. Wiggle it around to enlarge my presence.

I imagined a mustang slamming in to the back of a gray dump truck. It could have happened. Most people are more cautious in fog. Some people are less cautious. It must have something to do with out of sight out of mind phenomena.

No comments: