It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-26

Faire 2008-10-26

Work was nuts Friday. Isn't it nuts every day? I'm not sure. I block it out when I go home and recall it when I get back to work. I find that things go more smoothly doing this. I took off early Friday afternoon. I had worked some extra and no one was really waiting on more for things. All my test boxes had been stolen by people. The one thing I was working on had hours of work left on it before I got to a good place. So, I took off.

Nat and I showed up Friday evening to a new and disproved camp site. Only the large was there and a bunch of land pimples. We ended up in Diz's tent. We need a new tent I think. Several pieces to it are missing. The large was not in it's normal place. We were just to the East. It threw off the entire weekend. Fair started implementing an old rule that requires people to show their tickets before being aloud to camp. It was a bit annoying,  but worth it. It keeps some of the carloads of people looking for drugs and to steel shit out of the campsites. Well, or the most part.

Friday Evening

We set up. I walked around the grounds once. We ate a bite from somewhere. The rest of the evening is a blur. People came in and out of the tent. We had some great talks of thing that have happened and some things that need to happen. Plans for next season, next week, next day. All blurred together. It was great.

Saturday

I ended up not warring garb. I still had a ball. I'm tired of warring the same outfit every time. I need to get some more cloths. nothing outlandish. Just some variety.

Went in Took a million pictures. Ken, Johny and Breanne were messing with people big time. Johny and Ken would round around and kidnap women from their group and ransom them off to th\e crowd. It was all in fun. Most every one took it in stride with a smile. Couple of serious concerned faces. Goodness it was fun.

Monica, Nat's mom, caught me and said hi for part of the two hours she gets to enjoy all of Faire. She works and only gets some time off while the haunted house retools for the more adult oriented show on the latter half of Halloween weekend. I feel quite important.

Saturday evening Was Friday evening all over again. The drum play outside the large attracted some jerks, but they were dealt with. More great conversations. My blog came up in conversation. Love that. We laughed at the pictures we all took.

Sunday

Fell out of bed. Declared that I was not going in, nor was I going to hurry taring down camp. I sat around, ate breakfast, got the car packed, was ready to snooze the afternoon away, and a bunch of friends of mine showed up at Faire and wanted to go play. So, I went in waring regular cloths for the second day in a row. There is a reason I do not go in on Sundays. I get tired quickly and basically waste a ticket. That happened again today except I did have fun with some work buddies. No pictures. Remember, I had packed the car already.

We went back to camp and entertained the neighboring group while tarring down the Large. We had more fun today than we have ever had before in my experience taking down a tent. We laughed and made references to cartoons and music. We told stories of past adventures among the group.

Pictures

Link to the whole batch






Off to bed. Showered and clean. Now we pass out and deal with the means of paying for Faire.


No comments: