It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-31

Louisiana a couple years on

I have several friends from Louisiana. They might be mad when I say the stuff below. It is how I feel.

There was a story about New Orleans two years later. The only people interviewed were people living in the places that were bad neighborhoods before Katrina. Everyone they interviewed had the same mind. -Give me money.- There was one guy who got his home rebuilt by himself. When asked if any help came from the government he said no.

One of the men interviewed said something that I think is obvious. He said that the first question out of every one's mouth was "How was it before Katrina?" The answer is that this area the interviews were taking place in was a shit hole before Katrina. If you want to take the place to a pre-Katrina stat, you would have to bring in three times as many crack-heads as today.

The secret is, that every one who had a head on their shoulders left. The only thing left is the worst (and stupidest) of the bad element and victims with no where else to go. What do they expect?

If my house floods, I have no insurance for that. We are just out. I just can't afford it right now. I will get it when I can afford it. I live in Houston after all. I do not expect the US tax payer to bail me out. I will have to start over. That will suck. I will go after any assistance I can. I will not run to the international community and say "I'm ashamed to be an American." just because someone else is not talking care of the problem for me.

Yes, parts of Louisiana still look like a disaster area. Where are the people who lived there? Why aren't they coming back to fix the place. Maybe they know that it will just flood again someday. Are they waiting for someone else to fix everything for them? Do they want to return to a place rebuilt better than before? Do they want to lift a finger to help?

No comments: