It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-05

Islamic Supremacist

was listening to a BBC interview today (actually a podcast from earlier this week) where a couple of people meant very different things by the word Islamist. One meant any one who studied the religion of Islam and the other meant those who believe the whole world should be ruled by the Mullahs and Sharia law. They were speaking to each other on different levels. The ironic thing is the mayor of London sounded like he was talking about Islamic students and the guy who was from some Muslim group said Islamist like it was a curs word.

It's getting to the point I don't know what to call the people I hate any more. How about Islamic Supremacists. I like the ring of that. I don't mind people trying to further their religious ends, but leave me and my family, and my culture out of it, thank you.

Just who is trying to kill me and my family anyway? It is not the folks who are living in squaller in some third world desert. It is not the guy up the street worried how to make ends meet this month, like myself. It is someone who believes in their heart and with all their soul that their way of thinking and believing is better than any one who does not agree.

People in pre-WWII Germany were just living their lives and trying to make things work. They were only one generation away from having lost a war. Then comes a bunch of war heroes who insist things could be better if every one just looked and acted the same. I've always wondered why people would agree to kill off their neighbors. I think I'm closer to comprehending the Nazi appeal. Notice I didn't say 'understand'. The word 'understand' implies some kind of sympathy. I have none for what happened back then. It wasn't that people wanted to kill their neighbors. It was that they wanted things to get better and needed a reason to make drastic changes all at once. Having an ethnic group to blame everything on was just convenient.

I'm not excusing it. This realization makes me fear things that people say and do today. it won't be that long before a major country in what we call Western Europe today will vote in a government that leans heavily toward laws that sound like Sharia. People will quietly move away who do not want that kind of rule. Then, when the majority is firm, the democracy will fall to the Mullahs without a shot being fired. I bet this will happen in my life time.

I don't have any solution. I just think people should read the news and keep up to date on who hates whom and who is actually doing something about it. Who says "stop" and who says nothing at all.

No comments: