It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-17

Language
I've never really regretted skipping a foreign language in high school. I've spoken with my friends who took those languages and only a hand full retained more than swear words. Few have any functional knowledge of the language.
On a daily basis I use about six different programming languages. Bash, tcsh, tcl, python, make (which I argue is not any of the above), and the RPM script file language which again is a hybrid of the others. That's not all. There are others.
I want to learn more. I have fun with this stuff. I need to learn C. I don't think any one can "learn" C to it's full extent. There is jut too much out there. I've read about some people who are just plane angelic with programming. They can make computers do things that no one suspected. Maybe I'll track down some examples. I get a lot of mileage out of scripts. There is only so much you can do with them. Python comes close to being a full programming language. When you combine it with TK it can do most of the things people think of when you say software. Drivers and machine stuff will be written in C on most platforms.
Yeesh, that is boring stuff. I need an adventure. It is not going to happen this weekend. I'm home sick again. I'll try not to let future posts get this bad.

No comments: