It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-04

Day
We got Elle back around noon. Her grandfather Bill had taken her over night after her birthday party on Saturday. We ran out to Monica's (Nat's natural mother) to let her have a chance to talk to Elle because Monica could not make the party due to her new job requirements. We had noticed a bump on Elle's left thumb that grandpa pointed out when he dropped her, but it didn't make swelling go down. We ended up in the emergency room. Fortunately, they saw us in less than two hours and we got a prescription for some antibiotics. Ted's insurance paid for the visit and the antibiotics. Good deal too because I'm not sure I could have covered it this month.
Nat just called me into Elle's room and pointed something pretty interesting out to me. There was a dead fire ant on Elle's pillow. There are no signs of ants since the last fumigation at our apartment. I wonder if she picked up the ant walking around in the grass.
Something told me when we left that a) I needed to go for some reason and b) This was going to take all day.

No comments: