It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-11

Day After
Nat and I went to a Goblin Nation party last night. It was a blast. I have to get approval for the pictures so they will be posted soon. it was a ton of fun.
* There was great food. I'm not talking party food, though there was plenty of that there too. I'm talking cheese cake and good sausage. Any time Scott shows up, there is good food it seems. Abaddon had the most amazing stir-fry.
* Thee was a contest called a "Peck-off". I'm not going to go into it. Let your imagination run wild.
* I met some wonderful people. These are people who have bright warm souls. They are worth the time to learn their world and a joy to join in with a proud "hazaaaa!!"
* I took a bunch of pictures. They are not up yet. I'm waiting for the King's approval.
* We had a fire in a barbecue pit out back. That gave it a definite Faire feeling. I've noticed that open fires, or in this case one in a pit, give a gathering a different calling.
* I have a cut on my right hand, I have no idea how it goth there. I only had one gulp of mead. Nat had to stitch Keven up after a broken bottle incident.
* This was the first Goblin Nation family party. I'm glad to have made it. Several people could not make it. They were toasted by those who did.

I sat down at my computer and figured out that I had not figured out how to make web pages to do display the pictures I take. You have surely seen the old pages. I was using a program called JAlbum to put those together. For some reason, when I attempt to install JAlbum, it gives me some kind of freaky binary error. If I can figure out how in the hell to get it installed, those pages will probably come back. Until then, I'm going to use a program called GThumb. It comes with the Ubuntu install. It doesn't do a half bad job of resizing and wrapping the images. I tried about five different programs and ended up back at GThumb. It was the first one I tried. I thought it was terrible until I tried to get the other five programs to work. All of a sudden, after about three hours of messing with other programs, it's output was acceptable.

No comments: