It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-11-29

Linux update
Just for the heck of it I installed a new mouse pointer theme that mimics Mac pointers. I don't particularly like mat pointers, but I wanted to do it to learn how. I also got my old Sony Clie working with jPilot. The trick is you have to start the palm sync first, then kick off the desktop. I added Pimsleur Spanish MP3s to my MP3 player. That was a no brainer because I plugged it in and it worked. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm quite proud of myself. I should be proud of the Ubuntu folks. They created a situation where a user like me could get so much done.
Check out the links below for Ubuntu and general Linux information.

Switchers
Is Ubuntu for You?
Ubuntu Terminology
Ubuntu Forums - Absolute Beginner Talk
OSDir.com - Screenshots
Free Ubunut Linux CDs - Shipit | Download
Ubuntu - HowToGetHelp

Documentation
Team Bahamut - Ubuntu Document Storage Facility
Ubuntu FAQ Guide

Customization
Breezy Customization Guide
David Martin's - Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) How-To
Ubuntu Forums - Customization Tips & Tricks
HowTo - Sound

Community
Ubuntu Forums
Official Ubuntu User Email List
Ubuntu support via Internet Relay Chat (IRC)

GUI Tweaks
Gnome Art FAQ (How to change icons, themes, etc)
Ubuntu Gallery - User submitted screenshots
Gnome Art
Gnome-Look
gDesklets
deviantART - Wallpaper and skins
Freshmeat - Themes

Hat tip: Blogs of War

This is the guy who got me to look at Ubuntu in the first place. He seems keep up on the topic.

No comments: