It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-01-17

Story #2

U.S. commandos are hunting for secret nuclear and chemical weapons sites and other targets in Iran, and have a plan to turn the hard-line Islamic country into the next front in the war on terrorism.
"It's not if we're going to do anything against Iran. They're doing it," an ex-intelligence official tells this week's issue of The New Yorker.
Since at least last summer, the U.S. teams have penetrated eastern Iran, reportedly with Pakistan's help, the magazine said.
...
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, whom President Bush has asked to stay on in his second term, has been jockeying for more power to conduct covert ops without nagging congressional oversight.
"It's a global free-fire zone," said one Pentagon adviser.
Iran has fought tooth and nail demands that it open its nuclear energy program for inspection, fueling suspicion that the charter member of President Bush's "axis of evil" is up to no good.
...
Hersh told CNN that if targets are lined up by this summer, U.S. attacks could soon follow.
They "want to go into Iran and destroy as much of the military infrastructure as possible," a Pentagon consultant told Hersh.

It hasn't been 24 hours since my last post. I'm not sure what to say, other than "You are going ^down^ Iran!" I don't have anything against the Iranian people, except they tolerate an oppressive regime. I know, I know, I'm not the one with a gun in my back. I hope the U. S. isn't looking for another Bay of Pigs. I can so see that happening in Iran.
Another opinion.

No comments: