It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-11-23

Writing
I have a friend who recently asked me about writing. She thinks she can write. That is all it really takes. I don't know if I can write well or not. I put the words down on the page. Now there are software based systems to write for you. These systems are in their infancy today. Most people are not creative. I suppose computers will not be required to achieve a genuine or unique thought either. The publishers would hand you a bowl full of fingernail clippings if you were willing to pay for it. They are in it for the money.
I enjoy writing. I am enjoying typing this right now. I don't really care if any one is reading this or not. I used like having it out there.
The one thing that I've always wanted to do is write fiction. The trouble is, I'm not very good at it. Perhaps practice would help. I'll spare you from proving my point. I enjoy reading sci-fi, but I'm terrible at writing it. The only thing I seem to be good at is writing anecdotes. I wrote a purely factual account of meeting a cat a couple of months ago. I got some positive response. I enjoyed writing it too.

Smoosh
I walked over to my friend's cube at work today. It is Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I'm taking tomorrow off, so this is my Friday. I had already gotten most of my work done for the day. It wasn't even lunch time. We chit-chatted about inconsequential stuff for a moment and I noticed her tweak one little rod on her desktop toy. It is one of those magnetic rod and steel ball constructor set doo-hickies. I have one much like it. She looked at the toy with quiet awe. I reach over as smooshed it flat (no harm done). Her heart skipped a beat. She gasped. and you would have thought I kicked her dog. I made some goofy construction that I knew she would instantly undo when her will came back. I'm glad we have a long break before Monday. Though she has already rebuilt her masterpiece, she will not forgive me by Monday.

Oceans
I learned a fact a long time ago. If you drop a basketball into a puddle of water and pick it up. The damp on the surface is deeper than the Earth's oceans, relatively speaking.
If I were able to shrink the earth down to the size of a basketball, how much would it weigh?

Links / News
What is wrong with letting Amtrack go out of business? What is wrong with the government taking it over (nationalizing it)?
VR Helmet Comparison Chart

No comments: