It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-02-10

YES!
I got something to work in Linux. I've got the Graymatter software (web page) working on my Linux box (Mandrake 9.2). It has some nifty features like you can comment on my blog. It handles history better. It is on my server, so I will still be a slave to my server reliability and South Western Bell ISP. I don't know how to get my existing blog entries on the system and dated properly. I may have to upload them as files or something. I may just start from the day I pull the trigger. Then again, I may just stick with the system I have now.
This is an important step in my education. This is the first time I've gotten something to work under Apache on Linux. I still need to get some other web applications to work. Wish me luck.

Freudian
Why do I ware work boots or hiking boots all the time? I think I may have figured it out. My mom tells this story ever once in a while. When I was very young we lived in Kansas. We had one of the notorious floor vents for our central heat. The mettle grating was hot the whole winter. I remember being told to avoid the grate. At some point I was heading for the kitchen and just as I past the grate some one called my name. Being three or so I stopped and turned to look at them and burned my foot on the grate. I remember standing on top of the grate and laughing later in a pair of cowboy boots. I've always warn boots (or at least some kind of closed shoes) since.

No comments: