It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-02-14

Microsoft code leaked
Sometime last year we heard that a ton of Microsoft code was snatched from the secure network in Redmond via a hole created by an email virus. Now we find that some one has
dumped the code on the net. I'm not sure if it is A) real B) accurate C) complete D) some SCO-esk strategy by Microsoft to prevent people from being compatible with Microsoft in the future. E) Usable. I read an example of USB driver code that sounded pretty interesting. There are already comments in forums saying “That's why I couldn't get my code to work.”

Friday the thirteenth
I wander where the Friday the thirteenth thing started. I heard some one speculate long ago it had something to do with thirteen at the last supper. If you try to look it up online, forty five ga-zillion hits come back. I suppose the world will never know.

Valentine's day
When I die, I'm going to track down old Mr. Valentine and beat him to a second death. More harm has been done by creating a day where people in relationships have a undefinable responsibility to impress each other. If there were defined tasks on this holiday, there would be no conflict when those tasks are either fulfilled, or failed. Instead, partners must apply creativity based on the opinion of the other partner to surprise in a positive manner the other party. This is an objective application of unqualified opinion. It is unqualified, because there is no definable written way to prove success of impression that can be supported universally. But, I'm not bitter.

The last episode
It's funny how much i hate watching the last episode of Anime. There are two series I have on my system that I have yet to watch the last episode. Anime have more finite seasons. They call a collection a series. They usually have 26 episodes. The different series though, typically end in the last episode. When/if the story picks up again it is a new series named something like “blawblaw 2”, or “blawblaw the school years” or something stupid like that. It isn't like “Friends” where they have gone three seasons too long. I bet there are examples of series that have gone for ever like M.AS.H. or something.
My grandfather would build an entire room on the house and not finish the trim on the inside. I speculated this is because he didn't want to be done. Maybe he and I are quite alike. There are some things I like finishing like programs. I do indeed enjoy never messing with them again once I turn them over to the user.

No comments: