It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-01-31

Today (Friday the 30th)
It's cold outside. It's rainy. Dumbass me didn't bring a jacket. It is going to be a fun walk home. I like the cold. I hope it doesn't rain on me. I have a poncho, but that just isn't adequate for a cold windy rain. The trees drip on you from the misty dark. Puddles catch you unaware from the shadows. I fall victim to the uneven sidewalk on the way home. The path I tread each day can be traitorous. The sidewalk sinks from its own weight into the soggy soil over time. In places the sidewalk hides slick mud troweled smooth over the hard surface by rain. It's like walking on oiled glass.
Tpro had a meeting last night. On the way to the meeting place we road through a tree lined lane. The power had been cut by the storm. The trees seemed to gather themselves from the gloom as we passed. The other cars sharing the road felt out of place among natural things.

Notes
I keep a Word document at work that contains a bunch of notes. In the last six or seven years I have gathered sixty five pages of typed notes. I only write important things down that apply only to me. This file is very important to me. I keep backups of it all over the place. I have some notes from years ago that don't seem to apply anymore. I keep them anyway. Every once in a long while, they come in handy.
One of the entries is titled “Read_Only (Reporting) Database Schedule”. Another is “Necessary Evils of the office”. The latter contains charge numbers for vacation and how to get MS Outlook to list names in emails by last name first.

Last Exile
I'm watching a Anime series called Last Exile. They have these cool air ships called Vendship that look like a 1930's car and sound like an old prop airplane. There are huge air ships like battle ships that never land. They have some kind of mana that allows them to fly called Claudia. Claudia is made of these crystals dissolved in water. Water is precious to all but the highest elite. I'm on the fifteenth of twenty five episodes and I haven't figured out if this is a love story or what. The two kids in it grew up together and view each other as brother and sister. There is also the effeminate guy from the “enemy” side who seems to have a crush on the male in the story.
I swear I'm starting to understand some of the Japanese words. I love watching Anime on the computer because I can pause the show to read all the subtitles. I've had some bad experiences with dubbed Anime. The people who do the dubbing are not always into the show. I would have loved to watch this stuff as a kid, but I never would have gotten past the subtitles.
The worse thing about Anime is the music (sorry Alexis). There have been like three songs in all of my Anime experience that didn't suck. The worse is when they sing in English. It is poorly rhymed and badly pronounced.