It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-06-24

Notes

2014-06-23
More people in Texas are filling in pools than getting them put in. Between insurance and taxes it just isn’t worth a wet hole in the ground.

Age discrimination in IT fields. It looks like there is a movement to make companies think twice about saying “Recent Graduates” or something similar while looking for new highers. I’ve always kind of wondered if this was age discrimination. I guess I’m not alone.

I got a scrape over the weekend working on the fence. I only replaced one board and got a cut on my thumb and the scrape on my finger. I should have worn gloves. I was wearing safety glasses. Not that stupid I suppose.

One of the guys came by and said he ordered a new t-shirt. It is not really work safe, but it has a big picture of a camera on it and says “I shoot people and sometimes cut off heads.” Love it.


Wimbledon kicked off this week. I cannot communicate how pissed I got as a kid when they preempted my cartoons for fucking tennis. American football and baseball would do the same thing sometimes.  There was something about tennis that just made me livid.

It is getting to the point that powerful computers are eating up more electricity than it is worth to simulate things like wind over an aircraft wing or weather patters.

It is so much easier to just Drone people than to capture, convict and incarcerate them. J-Walkers beware.
A U.S. Air Force RQ-4 Global Hawk drone aircraft assigned to the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing is being refueled during operations on the flight line of an undisclosed base in Southwest Asia in this file image from Jan. 10, 2010.  (REUTERS/Tech. Sgt. Scott T. Sturkol-US Air Force/Handout/Files)
That picture shows how frigging huge these things are. That looks like one of those inflatable hangers as well. Interesting.

No comments: