It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2014-06-19

Notes

Printing with (TIG welded) steel. The day you drag and drop a bunch of icons on to a car fame online and give you address to have the car, computer, dishwasher or whatever delivered from the local printing house are right around the corner. At some point, we may bypass Amazon and all of them and justhave the printers right in our homes. Cut out the middleman all together.

Some studies are saying the majority of people vote for whom they vote for out of habit more than anything else that comes up in an election. Wow. That just makes me want to puke.

Nat dropped her phone and had to get a new one. Her old phone is no longer made. We upgraded from a Google 4 to a Google 5. I don’t remember what the names of the phones are. I looked at the phone and it is pretty darned cool.  It does one new thing that I believe will really help Nat. It is 4G. I’ve noticed her poor reception in some places where I (with my S4 and 4G) got good reception.

They are putting cameras on school busses to catch people running the stop signals. I kind od like this one. They should have great big signs that light up saying “Smile, you are on camera.” That would be far more of a deterrent in my book.

There is a movement to teach the public programming. I think it is a big mistake. People do not need to know how to program. They need to know how to do something that will lead to a productive life and career. We don’t insist everyone who gets a drivers license know how to build a car; everyone who buys a house know how to build one.

Slingshot ammo datasheet. (Steel balls) If you need steel rods or balls that’s your place.

Had a fire drill today. All survived.

New test for prostate cancer involves obtaining a semin sample. Line forms to the right.

The earphones I was using at work died. The replacements suck. They sound like everyone is in a tin can a room away. Dammit! I want some $10 earphones that don’t suck and put up with a little abuse. This is too much to ask from our current engineering manufacturing univers. Earphones must be one of those things that is more difficult to make work and make work well than it looks. It seems like you could just make  one set that is cheap, durable and doesn’t sound like shit and then hit copy and paste by the train load.

So, a lot of people at my work start half their sentences with “Soooooo ... “ it kind od drives me nuts. I’ve caught myself doing it around here. Is it a youth thing. Are they quoting Office Space?

No comments: