It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2013-01-10

Kodak Playsport Zx5

I’m sick of the Canon cameras. They have issues. The 300HS was a pretty good camera. The video quality was good for a while. The trouble is the camera is pretty open to the air and moisture has made it foggy. That and I dropped it and shattered the display on the back. Otherwise, the camera works. I’m saving it for an “adventure” shot.

The replacement for the 300 HS is the 110 HS which is plastic and flimsy feeling. It also skips on audio and seems to have issues with starting and stopping videos.

This time round, I’m trying something that is water resistant to keep the fog out of the videos. I want something that i can put in my pocket without worrying so much about getting sweat and lint into the camera. You should see the inside of my phone sometime. I regularly have to crack it open and blow it out.

So far so good. I just have to remember to keep the battery charged. This camera has a clock. This clock will run and absolutely kill the battery to the point it will not charge any more. When I am done with it, I will have to figure out how to take it apart and disconnect the battery for long term storage.

Several of the complaints on this camera read as follows. “I only used it once or twice a month. Then it wouldn’t charge any more.” That is because the clock wore the battery terminally flat while it sat in a drawer. If you could take the battery out or disconnect it for long term storage, I think things would be better. I wonder if factory resetting the camera before long term storage would stop the clock from killing the battery.

Many people just use their phone for vlogging. It isn’t like you need some magic device for this quality of production. It is just me complaining about my life after all. I cannot afford a phone that will do the things I want. Also, I want to shoot video in real human weather conditions and most phones are not up to the task. Some day all phones will be water resistant. There may need to be legislation to make this happen because it is a revenue generator for manufacturers.

Camera:
Name: Kodak Zx5

Features:

  • Water resistant
  • Fits in a pocket
  • Easy to use
  • Turns on quickly and is ready to record
  • 5MP pictures
  • Looks like a mobile phone, so you can be sneaky.
  • Doesn’t pick up wind noise nearly as bad as the Canon cameras
  • Inexpensive

Fails:

  • Too narrow angle lens. The lens needs to be wider angle.
  • Could use a flash and or video light but that would kill the battery
  • Locked in battery that cannot be easily replaced




FieldData
Titlevlog 2013-01-10
DescriptionBad weather, sinking bus stop, Kodak Ze5, weather.

* Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/zhsy00001
* Google+ https://plus.google.com/110920679448216202152/posts/p/pub
* Blog http://plastickelly.blogspot.com
* YouTube RSS http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/zhsy00001/uploads
TagsBad weather, sinking bus stop, Kodak Ze5, weather, vlog, vlogging,

No comments: