It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-07-31

Notes:

2012-07-30

So much science fiction says that humans will either reject technology, become technology, or be dominated by technology. How about we just live and things work out? Well, that doesn't sell stories.

Found out that one of the color laser printers we have at work could be bought at Sam's for less than a set of color cartridges for a time. They are long out of manufacture. This is not a new story. I still wonder what happened to Wal-Mart getting in to the printer business. I suppose it is a fat monthly check from the likes of HP.

2012-07-31

"People who can't juggle usually know they can't juggle. People who are not funny don't always know they are not funny." -Penn Jillette (from memory).

There is one kilometer range of the Olympics is a no non Olympic advertising zone. Truth and something that will get you in trouble if you complain about it. People are being fined and arrested for trying to make a buck off the Olympics without handing the profits over to the Olympics.

Twitter is pissing me off. They are kicking people off when NBC asks them to do so.

I like the idea of writing in the old fashioned way. You know, with a pen or pencil. I like the sound and feel of a graphite pencil as it glides down the side of a ruler. There is something primal and left brained about using a sharp wood pencil. It is left brained because I used to use pencil's exclusively in drawing and math. Thus, these two activities are connected. The smooth rolling of a ball pen reminds me of pain because I used this kind of implement for writing class and had to re right things because I suck at writing by hand. The feel of a felt tip pen reminds me of the Son of Sam. He used a blue felt tip to write his letters if memory serves.

A quarter of health care spending goes in to the last year of life. This according to some guy on NPR.

No comments: