It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-07-06

Notes (from a couple days)

So ready for a day off in the middle of the week. Independence day falls on Wednesday. That is kind of a funny thing. I'm probably going to be out late Wednesday evening. This means I'm going to be dragging ass Thursday.

Andy Griffith died. That kind of hits me. I really liked most of his work. He was that guy who acted instead of that actor. He plaid lots of good guys and a couple bad guys. He plaid cops, lawyers, and some kind of plantation operator or something. He is and will remain a fixture in old TV reruns of movies. He will be missed.

People are up in arms about bankers not going to jail for basically steeling billions in London. Well, they would be up in arms, but they are not aloud to carry table legs at night in England.

Tuesday evening I was waiting for Nat to pick me up from Target after work. I needed to get some plastic flatware for a friend's place. She moved and couldn't find the box with that contained said items. I was able to get on the wifi network from in front of Target. Just, but but it worked.

I listen to All Over the Shop. It is worth a listen. They are old style DJs. It reminds me a bit of those old shows that used to be on terrestrial .

The mouse I use at work is heavier than the mice I'm used to. It is bigger as well. It is just a normal mouse. The trend over the last several years has been to smaller mice, or so I've noticed. It came from Dell, but I'm sure it is a rebranded model. I'm forcing myself to fall in live with it because it has LEDs on the top and is highly keen.

I experimented with Some of the color schemes for VIM. GVIM and VIM share a configuration file. I could not settle on one color scheme that works for the command line and GUI version of VIM. The big issue is the spell checker. I like white text on a black background, but the spell checker uses a red line to identify words. This will not work for me on a black background. If I leave the defaults, GVIM comes up black on white and VIM command line version comes up white on black. I think that will work best.

I learned a bit about Linux certs today. They are miles easier than Windows.

I dropped a cherry pit on the floor in the hall. I had to ask for help finding it. See, there are times I ask for help.

Our president is a gambling man. He keeps making statements about betting on the American people and business and military and that kind of rot. The idea here is not to say he believes in them. He also wants to avoid saying anything that would make it sound like he is committing to making things better of following a plan of any kind. Because there is no plan except to get reelected.

Trying the Facebook and Twitter apps on my phone again. The interfaces have changed a bit on both. The Facebook application shows up in the program list as a generic name that doesn't tell you it is Facebook running. Bastards. I suppose that it to prevent people from killing it as often as I do. They really want to follow you around on the internet.

I haven't worn a wristwatch in a long time. I still catch myself looking at my freckles trying to tell what time it is. I use my phone as my primary now. The bands are just uncomfortable. Now I need a water resistant phone.

Someone was telling a rather animated story in the office next to mine. All I could hear was muffled exasperation and the occasional phrase like &dq;... pouring down rain&dq; and such. It was interesting. I listened for a minute because I knew who was telling the story and I have already heard many of their stories. I could not identify this one.

Lunch conversation today consisted of me walking past the lunch room and overhearing a conversation about LOST and the fact that you could get away with watching the first and last season without much of a LOSS.

Helped cut a hole in the wall and <gasp> use a face plate to run a wire today. Will wonders never cease? It was both fun and informative.

No comments: