It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2012-06-19

Sick yesterday

I was sick yesterday. Stayed home from work.

Symptoms
  • Feverish
  • Stomach cramps
  • Out of breath
  • Sweating
  • Tired
  • Swollen glands in my neck

Nat had to go to a job yesterday. By the time she got ready to go, I noticed the garage door was hitting something. She noticed some scratches on the bracket that hold the spindle that the door rides on. It was moving past the set of shelves right next to the door. She had to go and asked me very nicely to wait until they got back before I did anything. I'm a man dammit. I cannot do something like wait for a women to show up to help me move a loaded set of metal shelves, in the heat, when I have a fever. Come on!

I had to pull out all the crap against the wall. This took an hour. Then I had to find some way of yanking the shelf about six inches across the floor. The edges of the shelves are metal and basically too sharp to grip. I don't have gloves that will help here. I tried using a piece of wood, but the shelves are too close to the wall for that to work. I found one of those crank tie down straps. I don't remember where it came from. I hooked it though the shelf mounts on the vertical bits of the shelves and just pulled. It kind of worked.

It turns out the shelves were not the only thing making the door thump as it opens and closes. Fantastic.

At this point, I ran out of fever fueled aggression. I went in and passed out leaving the garage in massive disarray. A couple hours later, Nat came home and appropriately flipped out at the state of the garage. I ended up putting some stuff in the garage. Some more stuff will vanish some time this week because of a friend moving.

After a bit, I went out and ran a few things up the ladder, moved a few things over. Nat was able to park in the garage. This is important for a couple reasons. It may make it more difficult for someone to ell when we are home. It keeps the car from being so much a target for vandalism or thieves.

I don't think that going out in the heat and musty garage and doing the work helped me in even a small way get over my illness. In fact, I bet it hurt my healing process. Still, that's what happened. And I didn't video any of it.

As of last night, I felt like crap. I was sure I would have to visit the doctor this morning. However, when I woke up, I felt much better. A real night sleep helped. I had slept most of the day Monday, garage adventures discounted. This made it a bit difficult for me to get to bed last night. Work went pretty well. I could tell I was not up to snuff. Still had a sore stomach, though not as bad. Still had the glands trying to do laps around my neck. Still, not too bad.

No comments: