It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-10-18

Notes:

One of the background images I use on my computer at work has a building shot from the air. It is one among thousands in a foreign land that might be Taiwan or Tokyo. The top of this building is more decorative than functional. It has some kind of balcony or observation deck. The from the elevator are surrounded by glass, but there is an open area. On the other side of the building, on the opposite side of the elevators, there is an access hatch of some kind. I wonder how many people who have gone to that observation deck know about that hatch. I don't think it can be easily seen from any other point on the building.

I'm sick. I feel like I have some kind of flue bug. I have the swollen glands and sore throat thing. I feel sick. I feel like I'm going to fall over asleep the whole day. I'm sick.

There was a young woman on the bus who was knitting this morning. I wanted to thank her for doing something normal. The trouble is, that is hardly normal any more. Who the hell nits these days? Well, apparently this young lady does. I was a bit flabbergasted. It was great.

One of the guys at work just fell in love with location based reminders. He uses it to remind him to do things after work and help him with his morning routine. I found and Android app that does something similar. It is just one more feature that I'm waiting on for now. One of the other guys said his wife wants to know if she can put reminders in her husband's phone. This all reminded me of a story of a guy who had to "fix" his wife's car door so if she shut it, the door would automatically unlock itself because he had to "saver" her three times a week from locking her keys in her car. This was before keyles entry systems.

I don't remember the last time I had a drink. It has been months. I am too cheap and just don't feel the need.

mallware is bad software. People use this term to encompass every kind of virus or software attack. A zero day attack is a vulnerability that no one except the attackers really know about. This came up in conversation this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shameless plug ... the division of the company I work for is the industry leader of the ZDI (Zero Day Initiative). We have IP that thwarts Zero Day Attacks.