It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-10-15

George Bush Park - Vlogtober day 15

On a side not, I had just upgraded Ubuntu from 11.04 to 11.10. This caused a library to update which, broke Kdenlive. Five minutes of hunting on Google and I found several possible answers. The least painful was to use the SVN repository. I'm gun shy of these sorts of tactics, but actually trying this was not that difficult. It is much easier than building the source. Some of the other suggestions were to revert the library and to install the old library and attempt to point the existing Kdenlive to it. That last one sounds good, but is surprisingly difficult.

As I type this, I'm re-rendering the video I shot for today's vlog. Since I'm changing versions of the library that deals with such things, I'm going to give the WebM format another try. It takes longer to render on the computer, but uploads more quickly. It is supposed to be the native format of Google one of these days. I get sound issues after uploading sometimes.

I'm not posting this blog entry until the video goes up so the results should be above these paragraphs.

Field Data
Title George Bush Park - Vlogtober day 15
Description George Bush Park in Houston Texas. Not all of it cought on fire.
Tags vlog "George Bush Park" houston Texas park family fun father daughter walk hike evening sun trees forest "wild fire" "Canon Elph 300" Houston Texaspowershot Kdenlive Ubuntu
Link Link

No comments: