It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-10-04

Content

I'm beginning to think I'm not a very creative person. The internet runs on original content. Companies buy that content and bring it to the masses. This is why places like Google and YouTube work. YouTube makes money by bringing people's eyes and advertisers together. Where the two meet, there be money.

The content doesn't have to be production quality. Trust me. People want something that they have not seen before. People do not want re-runs. There are precious few shows on TV right now that are genuinely good. They are all based on other shows, books, movies, comic books, old stories. Some people in the business have asked if all the good stories have been told.

I blame copyright myself. The rules need to be examined. Anyone who has original content is afraid to bring it forward because they will get sued by someone who came up with a similar idea that they never got off the ground. Maybe they didn't bother. Why not let someone else do all the work and just sue them? Sounds like an easier way to make money than working.

Yes, I'm a cynic. It happens every day. The paten trolls have all but killed electronics. They are now killing entertainment. Eventually, laws and taxes will fall prey. I mean, can I write a law that I don't like and copyright it. Then when similar law comes up before some legislature, sue them for infringement? Surely, this has been done or defended against.

When I watch news shows, I laugh. The people don't seem sincere because they are reading from scripts. I'm used to watching people really talk to the camera without knowing what they are going to say next. People who are practiced at it enough start to sound like shills for something. By then, they usually have sold out. That is what the companies are looking for, remember?

No comments: