It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-05

Notes:

I threw away a bunch of old equipment today. Many companies throw away perfectly good equipment. Not so much my company. We tape, bailing wire and cobble things together for years before we call them dead it seems. It is good and bad. Sometimes things just need to go.

Sometimes I get weenie of looking things up. I try to say when I'm not fact checking something by saying it is from memory or some other appropriate label. Just how much fact checking is needed on a tweet, blog, web article, magazine article, book? Don't just believe anything regardless of media, regardless of author, regardless of citation. Something seems to have happened in the last several years that gives people the excuse to lie. I've heard of stories that are two good to check. Publishers only worry about what will or will not sell and what will or will not get the sued.

A buddy of mine left me bailed on me for lunch. I know him. I called a bit too early because I misread 11:37 as 11:57 on my computer. By the time the proper time rolled around, I was doing something. When I looked up it was more like 12:17. He called and left an apologetic voice mail. That was not needed. He is amazing. No one else I know has the some level of selective memory of this guy. I have no idea how his wife puts up with him.

Sleep deprived brains are simply not as effective as rested brains. Even if the animal looks awake and is acting awake, they make poor decisions and loose reaction time. - Heard on NPR, it must be true.

No comments: