It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-04

Cleaning office

I have to clean up my office. This is a nightmare. I have something like fifteen computers in my office. They are getting dolled out to users over time. I have all kinds of equipment in here that needs to get packed away somewhere else. I also have a bunch of equipment that needs to be retired. It cracks me up how complex it is to get throw something away at a company. They don't want stuff growing legs, so they keep track of it.

There are two sets of shelves in my office. One contains computer equipment and the other contains more computer equipment. There are a couple books on one of the shelves. One of the shelves has a bunch of boxes leaning up against them. There are several dead computers that need to be removed from inventory at the bottom of one of the shelves. There are tons of wires that could probably find a better home on the other shelf. Both shelves at work, much like my computer shelves at home, have stuff that has spilled out from the shelves on the floor in front of the shelves. I am afraid to clean up the shelves too much because someone will come take them away from me. No one steals ugly cluttered shelves.

The thought crossed my mind that I should video or take pictures of the before and after. There is no way I could publish said media because the boss would get upset. Not sure an untrained eye could tell the difference anyway.

People all over the place have the same task. I'm getting calls from folks trying to give me equipment that looks ugly because they really don't want to throw it away. I have an access of ugly equipment to take care of as it is. I'm running out of rat holes in which to hide said ugly equipment.

The reason for the cleaning effort is not to be repeated I'm sure. No idea what one can and cannot repeat these days. the future of my employment is hair raising. Since I have so little hair, my trouble meter is unreliable.

This is what the company gets for denying me a door on my office.

No comments: