It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-05-03

Bin Laden

Ding dong Bin Laden's dead.
What the heck do we care?
What the heck do we care?
...

This has been going through my head all day. I do not like celebrating my government killing an individual for whatever reasons. I can support this decision, but I do not want to shout hurray or start dancing. I cannot get the song out of my head.

Here are a couple things I've heard. Not sure how accurate they are. Bin Laden was in a mansion a couple miles away from a Pakistani military installation. He had been there for a while. He was living relatively well. At least some in the Pakistani government knew exactly where he was and for some time.

The U. S. has been giving Pakistan money to beat up on the terrorists. The incentive to keep the money coming is to make sure the terrorists stick around. There was a game going on where the Pakistani government would hand out some information about the location of terrorists, and when the good guys got there, the terrorists had just been tipped off to scurry and hide.

I also heard that this raid was not on the Pakistani government's radar. I wonder how much of this stuff I've heard is true.

No comments: